Followers

About Me

I'm a 21-year-old journalist passionate about changing the world through the written word.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hey, Hey.

I'm in Cali! Specifically, I'm sprawled out on the bed in a Porterville hotel room attempting to organze my lavender portfolio (fyi, lavender CAN be professional -- the color is thought to inspire creativity) with my favorite magazine and newspaper clips. Tomorrow I'm modeling journalism at its best to the Porterville Recorder!

OK, great. But why the random post/blog? I started blogging as a freshman at DCCC but stopped my junior year of college...errr...didn't intentionally stop, more like kind-of forgot and kind-of got too busy. But due to the personal advice of the Southern Living travel editor (great guy! lots of talent and very inspiring!) during my Time Inc. internship, I decided to hone up on my multimedia skills. After all, the web is the "new" journalism and I intend to keep up (ideally, stay ahead of) the trend with posts, video clips, and photos focused on my journalism endeavors...and keep tabs on my ultimate goal to become editor of a magazine.

My first tab to achieving my goal? Visiting the Porterville Recorder office to meet the staff! If there's time, they're even going to show me around the town. (*cough,* that shouldn't take long).

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design