Followers

About Me

I'm a 21-year-old journalist passionate about changing the world through the written word.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I came home in a crabby mood yesterday. 1. I was tired of driving and sad to be back in Kansas again. 2. I had convinced myself that I will not be getting the job in Lexington. I mean, I think I have a good chance for this job, but lack of experience is holding me back (all it takes is a more experienced candidate -- and trust me, there's plenty! -- and I'm out).

So I moved my luggage in and promptly took a nap before I could affect my family with my bad mood -- no one deserves to deal with my crabbiness. :) Now it is time to face reality. I'm hopeful, but just in case this job in Lexington doesn't work out and the one in CA doesn't work out, I need a Plan C.

Hmmmm. Maybe I should expand my horizons. The Middle East? Africa? France? How cool would it be to be a journalist in another country!! ha, as long as I have all the luxuries I'm used to, it'd be great! ;)

On that note, there's an internship in Topeka, KS, I am applying for. So much for leaving the country, let alone my state. :( But I need lots of experience...and I'm SO not getting it while I'm spending my days writing cover letters and laughing at our three adorable kittens...

Speaking of which, it's time to awaken the kittens for some playtime! Oh the life of a jobless college graduate :)

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design