Followers

About Me

I'm a 21-year-old journalist passionate about changing the world through the written word.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

WOW! I experienced a dose of Mayberry with a Western spin today. Just as I finished that last post, Anita, the assistant managing editor of the Porterville Recorder, came by my room and drove me to a concert by a local country band. I thought I came from the cowboy central of the world but Poterville makes Dodge City seem somewhat civilized. Not a single man in that room was without wrangler jeans, a cowboy hat, and a beer. While the band was performing, a bunch of couples started square dancing! ha, I was about to grab three of the single cowboys to dance with me. ;)

After the concert, Anita and I toured the newspaper office and met Hugo, the newsroom assistant (such a sweet guy!!). Hugo grew up in Porterville so he drove me all over the town to see the sights. Tomorrow I'm going to a farm show with Anita and then lunch with the editors. Plus a trip to the police dpt, city hall, and the library, then to top it off, dinner with the publisher.

Thoughts so far: Great town, great people in an amazing state!! But still not sure...we'll see how tomorrow goes!

1 comments:

Bethanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design